Complete the causative verbs exercises below to test your knowledge.
Complete the causative verbs exercises by choosing the correct option (a), (b), (c) or (d) to complete each of the sentences.
1. My parents always make me _______________________ my homework before I can watch any television.
(a) to finish (b) finishing (c) finish (d) finishedclick here to see the answer
2. My Mum lets me ________________ later at the weekend.
(a) stay up (b) stayed up (c) staying up (d) to stay upclick here to see the answer
3. I had the computer technician at work ___________________ my lap top. It works well now.
(a) fixed (b) to fix (c) fixing (d) fixclick here to see the answer
4. I ________________ my hair cut at that new hairdressing salon the other day, they’re really good!
(a) have (b) made (c) had (d) letclick here to see the answer
5. My flatmate got me ___________________ dinner for him last night as he said he was too tired.
(a) to cook (b) cook (c) cooked (d) makeclick here to see the answer
6. Why don’t you let me __________________ that for you. I’m happy to help!
(a) do (b) to do (c) did (d) doneclick here to see the answer
7. I _______________________ my house broken into last night. I’m so upset!
(a) let (b) made (c) had (d) makeclick here to see the answer
8. I always have my car _________________ at that garage. They provide a really good service.
(a) repair (b) was repaired (c) repaired (d) to repairclick here to see the answer
9. Did his boss make him ________________ late again last night?
(a) work (b) to work (c) worked (d) worksclick here to see the answer
10. Did her teacher get her ________________ the visitors to the school?
(a) welcome (b) to welcome (c) welcomes (d) welcomedclick here to see the answer
11. He got me ___________________ that parcel for him as I was going to the post office anyway.
(a) posted (b) post (c) posts (d) to postclick here to see the answer
12. My parents didn’t make me ___________________ with housework when I was very young, but they do now.
(a) to help (b) help (c) helped (d) was helpclick here to see the answer