Have you read the information page on punctuation? Click here to read it before you try the punctuation exercises.
Remember to register to get email updates.
Complete the punctuation exercises below to test your knowledge of punctuation.
Do the sentences below have correct punctuation? If not, what corrections need to be made?
1. My best friend comes from the south of Italyclick here to see the answer
2. Did you have time to go to the post office?click here to see the answer
3. “Get out of my house and never come back.”click here to see the answer
4. They wont be here until later.click here to see the answer
5. There are two main problems that need resolution: unemployment and crime.click here to see the answer
6. This recipe requires flour, eggs, milk, sugar and water.click here to see the answer
7. The internet developed over 30 years ago is used in almost every household.click here to see the answer
8. The project was supposed to cost $12 million; it ended up costing $25 million.click here to see the answer
9. Twelve people started the game; but now there are only four people left.click here to see the answer
10. Go shopping for: bread, butter, milk and sugar.click here to see the answer
11. “What colour is your car?” “Its blue.”click here to see the answer
12. If the government invested more money into education, there would be lower levels of unemployment.click here to see the answer